Sunday, April 20, 2014

NBA 2K13 Annoyances

So, maybe its just me. Maybe not though.

I've been playing NBA 2K13 in my career mode. I'm playing as a PG/SG with the 3pt shooter style. Since the other teams have to play me close on the perimeter that should give me plenty of assists right?

WRONG!!

Having played several games over the last few weeks, I've noticed a trend. When the cpu passes to a player, if they have even an inch or less of space, they make the shot. If I pass to them, they miss it 75% of the time. The odds of the cpu guy making the shot drops even more if they are wide open, to about 10-15% chance that they make it . This leads to me being annoyed because I lose out on 8-10 assists each game, which are big for someone who is a PG in this game.

Another thing I've noticed? My teammates will purposely come stand right by me and just stand there. I have had one of them just follow me around the entire offensive possession. I don't know what causes that, but it annoys the crap out of me because then one defensive player can guard two of my guys.

The other thing that annoys me is the teammate grading system. I have had several times where a screen and then my own defender blocks me from chasing the ball handler. He scores and I lose a good bit of teammate score because I allowed my guy to score. I also seem to randomly have my assignment changed in the middle of an opposing team's shot, often blaming me for the score when it was not even the guy I was defending.

These are just a few things that annoyed me with this game. I like the game. I do. I just wish some of the AI was a bit better.



No comments:

Post a Comment